Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 5:43pm
UPDATE: Fatal Delmar fire caused by careless smoking
The Maryland Fire Marshal's Office determines that careless smoking is the cause of a deadly fire at a mobile home in Delmar.
65-year-old David Cullen and 61-year-old Linda Cullen died of smoke inhalation in the Monday afternoon fire, according to the medical examiner's office.
Fire investigators say smoking materials ignited furniture in the living room of the mobile home on Niblett Court.
Also, a smoke alarm in the home was not in working order.
Copyright © Oct 23, 2014, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- AUDIO: 6th District State Senate Candidates Spar at Candidates Forum
- AUDIO: Candidates in 20th Rep District Discuss Variety of Issues
- Milton Goat Shot, Injured
- 1 Dead in Kent Island, MD Crash
- NCCo Police Search for Creeper in Bear
- Rash of Vandalism Strikes Several NCCo Communities
- 9th Annual Fall Job Fair in Salisbury Today
- REMINDER: Early Voting in MD Starts Today
- Partial Eclipse Visible THIS Afternoon
- Equipment Sparks Fire at UD Chemistry Lab
- AUDIO: Survey Shows Carper, Coons are Worth Millions
- Eye Exams, Glasses Offered to Low-Income Students
- Big Pot Haul Lands Probationer Back Behind Bars
- Probationer Back in Jail After Gun, Drug Arrest
- New Parking Permit Rules in Wilmington
- Aldridge to Become New Friends School Head
- Antares Rocket Set to Launch from Wallops Oct. 27
- 3 Kindergarten Students Experience "Asthma-Like" Symptoms
- MD Democrats Announce Voter Hotline for Problems
- Fire Damages Wall, Siding at Lewes Home
- Milton, State Police Investigate Motorcycle Thefts
- Three Arrested in Separate Drug-Related Cases in Harrington
- Woman Arrested for Tire-Slashing Incident in Harrington
- Three Teen Girls Arrested Following Recent Fight in Harrington
- Man Arrested for Discharging Gun in Salisbury
- Gunman Robs Wilmington Clothing Store
- Delaware Duck Hunting Season Opens Friday
- MD, VA, PA, NJ to Monitor Travelers from Ebola-Stricken Area
- $2.5M from State to Help Phila. Children's Hospital Grow
- Delaware Board Nixes Commutation for Killer
- New Castle Woman Charged with False Ebola Report
- DART Stuff the Bus Food Drive Begins Nov. 10