Friday, August 15, 2014 - 6:50am
Coast Guard search for man overboard off of Rehoboth Beach is a stabbing incident
Updated Friday, August 15, 2014 - 8:03pm
The Coast Guard has found a man they were searching for off the coast of Rehoboth Beach.
The Coast Guard says it's an apparent stabbing incident. One man died at the hospital, while another is in stable condition.
Coast Guard Public Affairs Officer Nick Ameen tells Delaware 105-9 that the incident happened about 9:30 p.m. Thursday when it was thought the man jumped from the portside of the Motor Tanker "Challenger" 24 miles off the coast of Rehoboth Beach; he says a crew-member notified the Coast Guard.
The investigation is ongoing, and the Coast Guard is working with Customs and Border Protection as well as the U.S. State Department.
Copyright © May 27, 2016, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- AUDIO: Facing investigation, IRSD board accepts district's CFO retirement request
- Fatal crash under investigation in Kent Co.
- AUDIO: Third times the charm for 'Homeless Persons' Bill of Rights'
- Prison guards accuse of smuggling drugs, phones to inmates
- DelDOT Offers Tips for Travelers Headed to the Beaches this Summer
- BirdWatch Update: piping plovers may hatch soon at Cape Henlopen State Park
- Teen faces theft, drug-related charges following pursuit, crash
- Milford man sentenced to 180 months in prison for receipt of child porn
- Judge tells Verizon unions strike violence is unacceptable
- Delaware National Guard HQ to unveil Beau Biden signs
- Police Activity Sparks Hour-Long Bay Bridge Span Closure
- 2 State Welcome Centers Reopen After 6-Year Shutdown
- Gold Alert Issued for Elderly, Missing Dover Woman
- Restaurant Employee Shot After Attempted Robbery
- 1 Driver Dead, 1 Hurt in 2-Car Collision in Greenville
- DNREC Police Remind Boaters to NOT Drink and Boat
- 3 Swimmers Rescued from Ocean at Jersey Shore
- Judge Says Dismissal of Beekeeper's Lawsuit Won't Fly
- New Jersey Considers Smoking Ban at Public Beaches, Parks
- Two Cats Killed in Rehoboth Beach House Fire
- AUDIO: Ocean City, MD Police Ready for Memorial Day Weekend
- Maryland Officials to Discuss Zika Virus Prevention
- UPDATE: Baltimore Officers Charged in Prisoner Death Sue State
- Philadelphia Airport Breached Twice in 2015, Once in 2016
- Gunman Robs Cigarette Store in Bear
- Former School of 'Dancing With the Stars' Winner Rejoices
- Antares Rocket "Hot Fire Test" Scheduled for May 31
- New Jersey lawmakers advance Atlantic City rescue package
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks