Thursday, February 7, 2013 - 11:54am
Woman charged with rape of 14-year-old boy
Updated Thursday, February 7, 2013 - 1:23pm
A Berlin, Maryland woman faces charges she had a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old boy when she lived near Laurel.
|Katheryn L. Carmean|
Delaware State Police say 35-year-old Katheryn Carmean is charged with ten counts of third-degree rape, continuous sexual abuse of a child, and endangering the welfare of a child.
Detectives say the alleged victim was a friend of Carmean's son, and that the incidents occurred over a ten-month period.
After being arrested at her Seaford workplace, Carmean is being held at the women's prison on $57,000 secured bond.
Copyright © May 26, 2016, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- AUDIO: Facing investigation, IRSD board accepts district's CFO retirement request
- Fatal crash under investigation in Kent Co.
- AUDIO: Third times the charm for 'Homeless Persons' Bill of Rights'
- Prison guards accuse of smuggling drugs, phones to inmates
- DelDOT Offers Tips for Travelers Headed to the Beaches this Summer
- BirdWatch Update: piping plovers may hatch soon at Cape Henlopen State Park
- Teen faces theft, drug-related charges following pursuit, crash
- Milford man sentenced to 180 months in prison for receipt of child porn
- Judge tells Verizon unions strike violence is unacceptable
- Delaware National Guard HQ to unveil Beau Biden signs
- Police Activity Sparks Hour-Long Bay Bridge Span Closure
- 2 State Welcome Centers Reopen After 6-Year Shutdown
- Gold Alert Issued for Elderly, Missing Dover Woman
- Restaurant Employee Shot After Attempted Robbery
- 1 Driver Dead, 1 Hurt in 2-Car Collision in Greenville
- DNREC Police Remind Boaters to NOT Drink and Boat
- 3 Swimmers Rescued from Ocean at Jersey Shore
- Judge Says Dismissal of Beekeeper's Lawsuit Won't Fly
- New Jersey Considers Smoking Ban at Public Beaches, Parks
- Two Cats Killed in Rehoboth Beach House Fire
- AUDIO: Ocean City, MD Police Ready for Memorial Day Weekend
- Maryland Officials to Discuss Zika Virus Prevention
- UPDATE: Baltimore Officers Charged in Prisoner Death Sue State
- Philadelphia Airport Breached Twice in 2015, Once in 2016
- Gunman Robs Cigarette Store in Bear
- Former School of 'Dancing With the Stars' Winner Rejoices
- Antares Rocket "Hot Fire Test" Scheduled for May 31
- New Jersey lawmakers advance Atlantic City rescue package
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks