OC woman escapes kitchen fire thanks to fire sprinkler
By Robert Petree

The woman had been cooking when grease spilled over onto the stove, igniting the blaze.
The Ocean City Fire Marshal’s Office is crediting fire sprinklers for saving the life of an Ocean City woman who just barely escaped a kitchen fire on New Year’s Eve.

Just before 7:30 p.m., firemen were called to the area of 25th Street and Baltimore Avenue, for a building fire.

The woman had been cooking when grease spilled over onto the stove burners, starting a fire that quickly spread.

A single sprinkler head in the kitchen activated and extinguished the fire prior to the arrival of fireman.

The unit suffered limited fire and smoke damage in the kitchen. The adjoining staircase and first floor restaurant area also experienced water damage.

The cause of the fire is classified as accidental.



Copyright © Jan 19, 2017, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.





 Latest News




Copyright © 2017, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WXDE Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach