Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 2:21pm
Sussex Tech Student Killed In Georgetown Fatal
Sussex Tech has been the center for positive news with the recent announcement of Widener as a partner for duel enrollment and John Sell the teacher of the year for 2013. However on a more somber note the local teenager who died of injuries he suffered in a crash on Asbury Road was a student.
Out of respect for the family of the student, we cannot comment beyond verifying that the student was part of the Sussex Tech student body. The student is a junior enrolled in the Athletic Health Care-Physical Therapy technical area. Counselors, administration, and teachers are on hand to assist the families and students in whatever way they can. Our thoughts and Prayers go out to the family in this tough time.
The student was 16-year-old Logan Taylor Roe of Millsboro was at the wheel of a Pontiac Grand Prix that left the roadway Wednesday afternoon, crashed into a pole, spun around and landed in the woods. Roe was pronounced dead at the scene, while an 18-year-old passenger was treated at Nanticoke Memorial Hospital and released.Troopers say both were wearing their seatbelts, and the cause of the accident is still under investigation.
Copyright © May 26, 2016, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- TrafficWatch: Multi-vehicle crash closes Route 1 north of Dover
- Marsh fire near south side of Indian River Bay
- AUDIO: Facing investigation, IRSD board accepts district's CFO retirement request
- DEC issues a 'Beat the Peak'
- DelDOT Offers Tips for Travelers Headed to the Beaches this Summer
- AUDIO: Third times the charm for 'Homeless Persons' Bill of Rights'
- BirdWatch Update: piping plovers may hatch soon at Cape Henlopen State Park
- Teen faces theft, drug-related charges following pursuit, crash
- Milford man sentenced to 180 months in prison for receipt of child porn
- Judge tells Verizon unions strike violence is unacceptable
- Delaware National Guard HQ to unveil Beau Biden signs
- Police Activity Sparks Hour-Long Bay Bridge Span Closure
- 2 State Welcome Centers Reopen After 6-Year Shutdown
- Gold Alert Issued for Elderly, Missing Dover Woman
- Restaurant Employee Shot After Attempted Robbery
- 1 Driver Dead, 1 Hurt in 2-Car Collision in Greenville
- DNREC Police Remind Boaters to NOT Drink and Boat
- 3 Swimmers Rescued from Ocean at Jersey Shore
- Judge Says Dismissal of Beekeeper's Lawsuit Won't Fly
- New Jersey Considers Smoking Ban at Public Beaches, Parks
- Two Cats Killed in Rehoboth Beach House Fire
- AUDIO: Ocean City, MD Police Ready for Memorial Day Weekend
- Maryland Officials to Discuss Zika Virus Prevention
- UPDATE: Baltimore Officers Charged in Prisoner Death Sue State
- Philadelphia Airport Breached Twice in 2015, Once in 2016
- Gunman Robs Cigarette Store in Bear
- Former School of 'Dancing With the Stars' Winner Rejoices
- Antares Rocket "Hot Fire Test" Scheduled for May 31
- New Jersey lawmakers advance Atlantic City rescue package
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks
- Prison guards accuse of smuggling drugs, phones to inmates