Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 1:25pm
Crashes by the dozen in Del. following spring snowfall
Updated Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 11:36am
Dozens of accidents in central and southern Delaware follow our surprise spring snowstorm.
After nearly six inches of snow fell in some locations, roads remained icy in many spots into the afternoon.
Delaware State Police say by late Wednesday morning there were nearly three dozen "property damage" accidents in Sussex County, a few of which resulted in minor injuries.
In one of several crashes on treacherous Route 404, a state trooper had stopped to investigate a collision when a driver lost control, slid on the ice and struck the cruiser.
The woman who was driving was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Also, a school bus driver escaped injury when the bus slid on Route 30 near Route 16 and ended up on its side.
There were no students on board at the time.
In the Georgetown area a plow ran off Zoar Road into a ditch early Wednesday evening.
In Kent County, troopers responded to about six crashes and three people in all were injured.
Copyright © May 27, 2016, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- AUDIO: Facing investigation, IRSD board accepts district's CFO retirement request
- Fatal crash under investigation in Kent Co.
- AUDIO: Third times the charm for 'Homeless Persons' Bill of Rights'
- Prison guards accuse of smuggling drugs, phones to inmates
- DelDOT Offers Tips for Travelers Headed to the Beaches this Summer
- BirdWatch Update: piping plovers may hatch soon at Cape Henlopen State Park
- Teen faces theft, drug-related charges following pursuit, crash
- Milford man sentenced to 180 months in prison for receipt of child porn
- Judge tells Verizon unions strike violence is unacceptable
- Delaware National Guard HQ to unveil Beau Biden signs
- Police Activity Sparks Hour-Long Bay Bridge Span Closure
- 2 State Welcome Centers Reopen After 6-Year Shutdown
- Gold Alert Issued for Elderly, Missing Dover Woman
- Restaurant Employee Shot After Attempted Robbery
- 1 Driver Dead, 1 Hurt in 2-Car Collision in Greenville
- DNREC Police Remind Boaters to NOT Drink and Boat
- 3 Swimmers Rescued from Ocean at Jersey Shore
- Judge Says Dismissal of Beekeeper's Lawsuit Won't Fly
- New Jersey Considers Smoking Ban at Public Beaches, Parks
- Two Cats Killed in Rehoboth Beach House Fire
- AUDIO: Ocean City, MD Police Ready for Memorial Day Weekend
- Maryland Officials to Discuss Zika Virus Prevention
- UPDATE: Baltimore Officers Charged in Prisoner Death Sue State
- Philadelphia Airport Breached Twice in 2015, Once in 2016
- Gunman Robs Cigarette Store in Bear
- Former School of 'Dancing With the Stars' Winner Rejoices
- Antares Rocket "Hot Fire Test" Scheduled for May 31
- New Jersey lawmakers advance Atlantic City rescue package
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks