UPDATE: Fatal Delmar fire caused by careless smoking
By Mark Fowser

The Maryland Fire Marshal's Office determines that careless smoking is the cause of a deadly fire at a mobile home in Delmar.

65-year-old David Cullen and 61-year-old Linda Cullen died of smoke inhalation in the Monday afternoon fire, according to the medical examiner's office.

Fire investigators say smoking materials ignited furniture in the living room of the mobile home on Niblett Court.

Also, a smoke alarm in the home was not in working order.

Copyright © Jan 19, 2017, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 Latest News

Copyright © 2017, Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use.
WXDE Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach