From the Delaware State Police:
"The Delaware State Police have arrested a Milton man after a traffic stop led to the discovery of drugs and a weapon.
On July 29, 2019 at approximately 10:05 p.m., a Trooper observed a white Mercury Marquis traveling on Fisher Road, Milton, above the posted speed limit. A traffic stop was initiated and contact was made with the driver, 25-year-old Vincent M. Schlothauer. An odor of marijuana was detected and the Trooper observed what appeared to be burnt marijuana in plain view.
A further search of the vehicle led to the discovery of a concealed .22 caliber semi-automatic handgun with it’s serial number obliterated, approximately 45.7 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Schlothauer was taken into custody without incident and transported back to Troop 7 where he was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Weapon with an Obliterated Serial Number
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Possession of Marijuana
- Speeding in Excess of Posted Limits
Schlothauer was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and released on $50,201.00 unsecured bond."